PE & Sports Premium
Sports Premium Statement 2016-2017
At Lady Elizabeth Hastings we are committed to delivering a high quality PE and Sport curriculum that develops knowledge, fundamental movement skills, fitness and social skills to allow our children to enjoy leading healthy, active lifestyles. We aim to develop confident, resilient, ambitious young people who thrive to achieve their full potential in all aspects of school and community life.
Sports Premium at Lady Hastings
Our school receives £8,600 [plus £5 per pupil between the ages of 5-11 years old] to improve the quality of sport and PE for all their children. At Lady Hastings we use the Sport Premium Funding to improve and enhance the quality of PE, physical activity and Sport provision in the following ways:
- Providing staff with high quality training and CPD for increased skills, knowledge, understanding and confidence in gymnastics, dance and athletics. A full action plan has been put in place to develop sports and PE at Lady Hastings.
- Providing cover staff to release teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- Purchasing schemes of work and good quality equipment that allows skills in the key areas to be developed progressively through each year group.
- Buying into Active Schools to develop city wide initiatives in Leeds.
- Buying into the Brigshaw Trust Sports offer to provide further professional development for our staff and provide more opportunities for inter-school competitions.
- Developing termly intra-school competitions for all children through membership of the Youth Sports Trust.
- Increasing pupil participation in a wide range of extra-curricular sports clubs. We will continue to develop links with these clubs. This will enable us to offer links for our gifted and talented sports people.
- Extending swimming lessons for individual children to ensure that they meet the 25m swimming distance outcome before they leave Primary school.
Sports FUNDING through the Brigshaw Trust- Please see attached document Brigshaw Trust Sport and PE Offer
50% of primary schools sport premium funding has been used centrally for a coordinated vision across the Brigshaw Trust. Please read the attached Brigshaw Trust Sport and P.E. Offer document for further details.
The impact of our use of the Sports Premium has been:
Improved teacher knowledge and confidence in delivering PE across all key stages
An increase in the number of pupils taking part in extra-curricular sport and physical activity
An increase in the numbers of pupils taking part in inter school sport
An improvement in the quality of PE lessons within schools
A higher profile and importance placed on PE within the school and the Trust
A clear identification of strengths and areas to further develop within PE